A Letter From Robert Doar
Welcome to the American Enterprise Institute, a public policy think tank based in Washington, DC. I’m AEI President Robert Doar. Established in 1938, AEI is a community of scholars and supporters dedicated to tackling our nation’s greatest challenges by producing work that promotes our institute’s core values: free people, free markets, and limited government. We promote economic opportunity for all, healthy institutions of civil society, and a strong American role in the world. While we are Washington-based, we are not Washington-focused.
AEI is, above all else, an intellectual community. Our scholars drive the competition of ideas on today’s most critical policy issues and draw attention to those that have yet to be widely recognized. They are commenting in the public square and reaching citizens across the country, all while offering the best ideas and independent empirical research to our nation’s leaders.
I hope you will explore our research and engage in our work. Thank you for visiting us.
- Two Sentences Will Strengthen SNAP’s Support for Work
- Work Is Essential to the American Dream
- Mapping the American Right: A Conversation with the American Enterprise Institute’s Robert Doar
- Progressives Sell a Narrative About Racism While Ignoring Progress of Black America
- Top 5 Podcasts of 2021: AEI Banter with Robert Doar and Phoebe Keller
- AEI vs. Brookings on Racial Bias in Housing
Straight Arrow News
- End of Pandemic SNAP Benefits a Chance to Improve Food Program
- Census Data Paints an Inaccurate Picture of Inequality in America
- American Men Need to Start Taking More Personal Responsibility
- Conference Spotlights America’s Inequality Challenges
- Cold War Provides History Lessons for Dealing with Russia-Ukraine Crisis